WHERE IS J&D CAKES LOCATED?
We are located at 281 N Federal Highway, Boca Raton, Florida 33432 (store at rear of Vacuum City). You can also enter at 280 N Dixie Highway. Our building is between the Trek Bicycle Store and Sixt Rent A Car. We are a fully certified commercial kitchen and fully insured.
WHAT DAYS AND TIME ARE YOU OPEN?
Sunday and Monday: Closed
- Tuesday to Saturday: 10:00AM - 02:00PM
HOW MUCH DOES A SPECIALTY CAKE COST?
- Our specialty cakes are priced according to design and number of tiers.
- Delivery fees are additional and are determined by the distance, time, and setup requirements.
- Equipment (risers, boards, pillars, rental items, etc.) is additional and is determined by the size and setup requirements of the cake
- We do not issue refunds if you cancel your order but we will issue you a credit for a future purchase.
- No cancellation (NO REFUNDS) if your order is within 5 days of your order or delivery date.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I ORDER?
It is advisable for you to book months in advanced in order to hold the date but the following is our general rule.
- 2 days in advance for regular cakes
- 2 to 3 weeks in advance for custom designed cakes
For wedding cakes, it is highly recommended that you place your order a minimum of four to six months in advance.
Reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis, and a 50% nonrefundable deposit is required.
All deposits and payments are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
If your date is nearly booked before you have an opportunity to meet with us then i suggest that you send in a nonrefundable deposit to hold your reservation.
For birthday cakes and other events, you must place your order 2 weeks in advance. A 50% nonrefundable deposit also applies.
HOW MANY SERVINGS SHOULD I ORDER?
The number of servings depends on your number of guests. Refer to the table below:
|Tiers||Cake Size (Round)||
HOW MUCH DO THOSE SPECIAL DECORATIONS SUCH AS YOUR HANDMADE SCULPTURES COSTS?
- Our special decorations such as sculptures, figurines and sugar flowers are meticulously made by hand. Prices vary depending on the intricacy of design. we will evaluate the design and calculate the number of hours that it will take to complete the sculpture or decor element.
WHERE DO YOU DELIVER AND HOW MUCH?
- Delivery charge depends on delivery address.
CAN WE SCHEDULE A CAKE CONSULTATION? ANY REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO BOOKING A CONSULTATION?
- The initial design consultation can be done in the store via an appointment and continue via phone and email.
- We request that you determine your overall budget for your cake prior to your consultation.
- Also please send a cake picture that you like via email before the consultation so we know what type of design you are looking for.
For the cake tasting, we provide three to four cupcake samples of what we have in the store that day that you can bring home to try. Cake tasting samples are only for wedding cakes or cakes serving at least 50 people.
If you want to try a specific cake flavor, you will need to purchase a cake. The smallest cake we make is a 5 inch which is $55 plus tax.
MAY I SUPPLY DESIGN IDEAS?
We welcome design ideas from our clients since we cater to your personal taste and style. We have a portfolio of original designs that you can also review. We do not copy cakes produced by other cake decorators or published in magazines and books. However, feel free to bring in pictures, magazines, or books that will assist us in determining your desired cake style.
HOW DO I PAY MY ORDER?
Cash or credit card are accepted forms of payment. No checks please.
WHAT ARE THE TERMS WITH RENTED ITEMS?
Securities are placed on a credit card or cash for rented items such as risers, boards, pillars, etc plus rental fee. You have up to 3 days to return the item or the security will not be refunded.